Thank You for Joining the Blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Who knows; maybe your comments will one day appear in a book (with your permission of course).

Please share your thoughts: how you use your life's lessons, your creativity and spirituality to navigate life.

Your definitions, experiences, general thoughts are respectfully requested.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthdays

Today is my birthday. I have always loved celebrating it. As a girl, I would be happy to be another year older; receiving more responsibilities and privileges. Although I no longer wish to rush my life, this day still brings the girlish excitement of feeling special for a day.

My husband went out of his way this year. He shopped for some of my favorite foods, bought the richest chocolate cake on this earth, invited dear friends to dine with us, prepared, cooked and cleaned up after the meal. I felt very pampered and special.

Celebrate your special day. If no one offers to make it special for you, do it for yourself. Indulge in a favorite pastime, cook yourself a glorious meal, or throw yourself a party. Invite your friends to be with you.

Celebrate the day you came into this world, for it would not be the same place if you were not in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment